Jobs > Senior Carer - Selsey, West Sussex
Have you found yourself out of work due to the COVID-19 restrictions? Do you want to help your local community in this time of need?
We are currently looking for a Senior Carer to join our beautiful Residential Care Home situated in Selsey, West Sussex.
Entry Level/NVQ level 2 Certified (Health and Social Care): £9.75 Weekdays/£10.75 Weekends
NVQ level 3 Certified (Health and Social Care): £10 Weekdays/£11 Weekends
You will be paid for the entire length of your shift.
Must be able to work a mix of shift patterns based on a weekly roster including early mornings, evenings, nights and every other weekend.
About this role
The role of the Senior Carer is to support the Manager in the overall running of the Service. You will need to be hands on and ready to support where needed, leading a team of carers by example, and providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in supervising or managing a team
- Have a background in person centred care planning
- Have a background of caring for elderly people with dementia and mental health
- Be computer literate and have excellent administrative and communication skills
- Be able to work efficiently in a high paced environment
- Be dedicated to delivering exceptional service on behalf of the company internally and externally
- Be flexible and reliable and possess excellent people management skills
- Be an effective team player
- Will always be alert to residents’ physical and mental wellbeing
- Hold an NVQ or Health and Social Care Diploma in Care at level 2 or 3 or be prepared to work towards one
- Willing to complete an Enhanced DBS Check
What is essential, though, is your positive energy and natural ability to get along with people.
- Supporting the manager in the day to day running of the home
- Supervising, organising and reviewing staff work
- Providing excellent quality person centred care, enhancing individuality and choice
- Administering medication and being able to follow this process from Start to End
- Managing complex behaviour and risks presented
- Personal Care support/prompts
- Running shifts and acting as a positive role model for staff
- Maintaining accurate records and reports
- Building strong relationships with the rest of your team
PPE Provided; Paid training and shadowing; Shift Pay; Uniform provided; Auto enrolment in pension scheme; Unlimited ‘refer a friend’ incentives; Excellent career progression opportunities; Paid holiday.