The Bill House is part of a family run company which has been established in the local community since 1986. Both Lawrence and Diane Alexander have over 30 years of experience in providing care and support for the elderly person with physical, mental and/or dementia needs and remain passionate about providing the best possible outcomes for our clients. Our established and reputable Care Home aims to enable individuals to remain as independent as possible within a homely setting, with safety, dignity and wellbeing our priority.
Lawrence Alexander RMN
Qualified as a RMN, Lawrence has varied experience in all aspects of mental health, working with the elderly and specialising in the acute services. He gained experience in Broadmoor and worked in the hospital wing of a prison, gaining much knowledge and insight into addiction problems. He has a counselling qualification and teaching certificate.
Diane Alexander BA RMN RGN
Diane trained at The London Hospital before moving to Basingstoke for her mental health training and qualification. Once qualified she worked in all areas of mental health, specialising in the acute services and managing an alcohol/addiction unit. Diane also has a Diploma in Facilitator’s Styles, a Teaching certificate and an Honour’s Degree in Further Education.
A note from Diane Alexander:
“Lawrence and myself are trained nurses. We strive to ensure that the care we provide, whether in the home or elsewhere, is the same care you would receive from your own family. We are joined in the business by our sons Sven, Oliver and Adam, plus a management team that has been with the business for many years. When we established the business, it was very much about our own personal values. Today it is still about those values. I am thrilled that my family and our loyal and excellent management team are here to help make it happen. Thirty years have flown by since we first gained our nursing qualification and we could not have envisaged where we are today. However, we are rewarded every day and feel that our organisation is in good shape to provide our essential services to the wider community.”
Our dedicated teams are fully trained to:
- Assist you to start your day how you want, including help to get up, wash, shower or bathe, get dressed and have breakfast
- Medication administration, prompting, reminding and assisting
- Collection and returning your medication from your Pharmacy or GP surgery
- Assist you at mealtimes
- Offer financial support
- Keeping the home clean and tidy
- Providing you support to perform social activities, for example visiting day centres, and going for a coffee. We support you to achieve whatever is important to you
- Activities within the home, including walks on the beach, arts and crafts and music! We review what is on offer regularly to ensure all clients’ interests are included.
- Befriending and companionship support
- Help with getting ready for bed
- Welfare checks and monitoring in case of illness or short-term fluctuations of need
- Monitoring fluids and nutrition, keeping healthy.
- Community optician visits
Our Home teams also provide the following services to our clients:
- Three hot meals a day
- Regular snacks and teas and coffees throughout the day
- Full laundry service
The following services are available at an additional cost:
- On site hairdressing and nail bar
- On site Chiropodist
- Shopping services
- Relative suite is available for short term visits
- One to one or intensive care and support requirements
We aim to maximise your independence and help you to live the life that you choose, so please ask if there is something that you would like use to support you with that is not included above!